Deadline for application: Friday 16 August 2022
Interviews: will start immediately and continue until the vacancy has been filled
Start date: as soon as possible, exact date to be agreed
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
Job details: Full-time or Part-time
About OpenForum Europe
OpenForum Europe aisbl (OFE) is a not-for-profit think tank registered in Belgium which explains the merits of openness in computing to policy makers and communities across Europe. The openness principles which guide all our activities are: user centricity, competition, flexibility, sustainability, and the importance of relying on the support of a transparent and open community. Originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments, OFE’s focus has since evolved. The main policy topics that we cover are: Open Technologies, standardisation, Digital Government, digital platforms, public procurement, copyright, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
We are looking for an:
Office and Event Manager
Our new Office and Event Manager will be part of OFE’s Brussels team, and will support us in scaling our operations. They will be responsible for providing support to senior OFE management, maintaining and improving office services and coordinating several office activities.
- Provide administrative support for our growing team
- Assist in planning and organising meetings/conference calls, including arranging accommodation and other logistics, as well as preparing minutes, agendas, notices and managing mailings of meeting agendas and supporting materials
- Proactively follow-up with relevant team members on their actions from internal meetings
- Coordinate and book travel
- Support OFE’s Executive Director (ED) in the preparation of financial reports, which includes keeping a log of expenditures and invoices, and assisting the ED in coordinating the monthly payroll
- Resolve questions and problems independently, taking or coordinating the appropriate actions, rising in the areas designated by the ED
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required by the office or team as they arise
- Support the team in all event-related tasks, from launching the invitation to post-communication to guests after the event
- Coordinate with venues and vendors for events
- Invite and coordinate with speakers in the preparation of events
- Track actual and budgeted expenditure amounts for events
- Provide support on the organisation of marketing and client events, including logistics and “on the day” support where necessary
- Support the team with social initiatives, and organise team-building activities
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Fluent / bilingual skills in English and French
- At ease with digital tools
- Experience within team administration, office management or operations in a Belgium-based association, company or organisation
- Experience from the hospitality industry would be a plus
- An understanding of and experience working with Belgian HR & employment law would also be a plus
- Minimum Required: Educated to first degree level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Please apply by email submitting a CV and cover letter only to jobs[at]openforumeurope[dot]org. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the above-mentioned email.