Call for applications
Deadline for application: 22 April 2019 [The application period is now closed]
Interviews will start immediately and continue until the vacancy has been filled
Start date: as soon as possible, exact date to be agreed
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
About OpenForum Europe
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is a not-for-profit think tank which explains the merits of openness in computing to policy makers and communities across Europe. The openness principles which guide all our activities are: user centricity, competition, flexibility, sustainability, and the importance of relying on the support of a transparent and open community. Originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments, OFE’s focus has since evolved. The main policy topics that we cover are: standardisation, e-Government, public procurement, copyright, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
We are looking for a Junior Digital Policy Analyst
We are looking for a junior policy analyst to support our Brussels activities. His/her main responsibilities will be to:
• Identify and monitor EU policy developments;
• Prepare and organise events and meetings with the community and policy makers;
• Research on diverse policy areas;
• Contribute to the delivery of EU projects and actively monitor further opportunities;
• Prepare communication material for the website (press releases, white papers, policy statements) and social media;
This is an intense, highly challenging opportunity. The policy analyst will be in a position to interact with senior figures from OFE’s network and EU policy makers.
The ideal candidate combines technical understanding with an interest EU policy. He/she has:
• Ability to grasp and communicate on complex policy issues;
• University degree;
• Interest in the EU decision making process, ideally demonstrated by work experience;
• A good knowledge of and considerable interest in the open-source movement and the IT industry;
• Initiative, is reliable, and able to multi-task and prioritise own work;
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
• Perfect fluency in written and spoken English; other EU languages considered an asset.
Please apply by email submitting a CV and cover letter only to info[at]openforumeurope[dot]org. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the above-mentioned email.