Deadline for application: Friday 15 April 2022
Interviews will start immediately and continue until the vacancy has been filled
Start date : as soon as possible, exact date to be agreed
Duration : 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
Location : Brussels
About OpenForum Europe
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is a not-for-profit think tank which explains the merits of openness in computing to policy makers and communities across Europe. The openness principles which guide all our activities are: user centricity, competition, flexibility, sustainability, and the importance of relying on the support of a transparent and open community. Originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments, OFE’s focus has since evolved. The main policy topics that we cover are: Open Technologies, standardisation, Digital Government, digital platforms, public procurement, copyright, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
We are looking for:
A Policy Research Analyst (Digital)
The Policy Research Analyst will be part of the OFE Brussels team. Among their main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the delivery of EU projects through research and expert engagement;
- Conduct research on diverse policy areas and prepare succinct reports;
- Represent OFE to partners, supporters and European institutions
- Support OFE’s academic and research network, the OpenForum Academy
- Monitor EU policy developments;
- Prepare and participate in events and meetings with researchers, community and policy makers;
- Manage community and stakeholder relations;
- Contribute to communications materials;
- Provide administrative support to the Brussels office;
This is a hands-on, intense, and challenging opportunity, with direct policy engagement. In this role, the Policy Research Analyst will interact with senior stakeholder representatives in the OFE network and EU policymakers. The Policy Research Analyst can expect to have freedoms to develop own ideas and projects and work in an open and inclusive environment. OFE operates in a specialised field and the Policy Research Analyst will receive support in understanding this environment, working more independently as time progresses.
An ideal candidate combines technical, political and/or legal understanding with an interest in EU policy. Please describe in your cover letter how your education background can contribute to achieving our objectives. They have:
- A university degree;
- Ability to grasp and communicate on complex policy issues;
- Interest in the EU decision making process, preferably demonstrated by work experience;
- A good knowledge of and considerable interest in the ICT industry in general, and the Open Technologies movement and EU digital policy more specifically;
- Initiative, able to organise and prioritise own work;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Perfect fluency in written and spoken English; other EU languages considered an asset.
Please apply by email submitting a CV and cover letter only to jobs[at]openforumeurope[dot]org. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the above-mentioned email.