Deadline for application: Friday 7 July 2023
Interviews will start immediately and continue until the vacancy has been filled
Start date: as soon as possible, exact date to be agreed
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
About OpenForum Europe
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is a not-for-profit think tank which explains the merits of openness in computing to policy makers and communities across Europe. The openness principles which guide all our activities are: user centricity, competition, flexibility, sustainability, and the importance of relying on the support of a transparent and open community. Originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments, OFE’s focus has since evolved. The main policy topics that we cover are: Open Technologies, standardisation, Digital Government, digital platforms, public procurement, copyright, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
We are looking for a:
(Digital) Policy Analyst
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is pleased to welcome applications for the role of Policy Analyst to join our dynamic Brussels team. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking research in a wide range of policy areas and creating concise and informative reports;
- Representing OFE before partners, supporters, and European institutions with professionalism and conviction;
- Strengthening OFE’s academic and research network, the OpenForum Academy;
- Advancing the execution of EU projects through intensive research and expert engagement;
- Keeping abreast of EU policy developments and providing timely updates;
- Preparing for and actively participating in events and meetings with researchers, community members, and policy makers;
- Managing community and stakeholder relations with tact and diplomacy;
- Contributing to communications materials with clear, compelling content;
This role offers a vibrant, hands-on experience, steeped in policy engagement. The Policy Analyst will liaise with senior stakeholder representatives within the OFE network and EU policymakers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their own ideas and projects in an open and inclusive environment. OFE operates within a specialised field and the Policy Analyst will be supported in acclimatising to this environment, gaining autonomy over time.
We seek a candidate who skillfully integrates technical, political, and/or legal acumen with a keen interest in EU policy. In your cover letter, please illustrate how your educational background will facilitate the achievement of our objectives. The ideal candidate has:
- A university degree;
- 3-5 years of experience;
- The capability to comprehend and articulate complex policy issues;
- An interest in the EU decision-making process, preferably demonstrated through work experience;
- Profound knowledge of and passion for the ICT industry, and more specifically, the Open Technologies movement and EU digital policy;
- Initiative, with the ability to organise and prioritise their own workload;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in other EU languages will be viewed favourably.
Please submit your application comprising a CV and cover letter to jobs[at]openforumeurope[dot]org. Should you have any queries, feel free to contact us via the same email.